2017 March for Science
"An awesome day to support out planet & research-backed science!"
The March for Science 2017 was more than just a march -- it was a day-long festival celebrating every aspect of Science! Highlights included:
Over 40 hands-on science activity tables for families
A wildly popular “Meet a Scientist” scavenger hunt, which allowed kids to talk with over 100 different scientists from dozens of different fields
Exciting speakers, including:
- US Congressman Paul Tonko
- State Assemblymember Patricia Fahy
- Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan
- Albany Councilwoman and environmental justice advocate Dr. Dorcey Applyrs
- Skidmore Climate Scientists Amy Frappier
- Neuroscientist Ela Dharmalingam
All told, more than 3000 people rallied at the New York Capitol to support science!
Unfortunately, the need to stand up for Science remains as urgent today as it was last year! In 2018 we will march again, rallying the citizens of New York to remember that #ScienceIsTrue! Our march will again be a sister march for the 2018 National March for Science, taking place on April 14, 2018.